Step 3 Reopening
The 1st floor of the Main branch is now open. We’ve reorganized to improve social distancing and browsing so let us know if you have any questions about where materials are. The Point Lookout & West End branches are also open for browsing and computer usage.
Anyone who visits will be required to observe the following safety measures which are in compliance with NYS regulations opens in a new window:
- Face masks covering both your mouth and nose are required, regardless of distance, for everyone over the age of 2.
- Six feet of distance is required between everyone in the library.
- 30-minute time limit per person in the library.
- One person per aisle for browsing (occupancy limit of 20 customers for the Main branch, and 5 for the Point Lookout and West End branches).
- If you’re exhibiting symptoms, waiting for a doctor appt, are under quarantine orders, or have otherwise been potentially exposed, do not enter the Library.
- If you see someone is not observing the safety guidelines, alert a library staff member. Please don’t approach anyone on your own.
Hours at Main
Monday: 9 AM to 8 PM
Tuesday: 11 AM to 7 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM to 8 PM
Thursday: 9 AM to 7 PM
Friday: 9 AM to 5 PM
Saturday: 9 AM to 5 PM
Sunday: 1 to 5 PM (starting November 1st)
Hours at Point Lookout & West End
Wednesday: 4 to 8 PM
Thursday: 2 to 6 PM
Saturday: 10 AM to 2 PM
Two new self-checkout machines will be available for you to check out your items. They’re very simple to use but if you need any help, a staff member will be available.
Public computers, printers, fax machine, copier, and scanner will also be available for patron use. For everyone’s safety, only limited assistance will be available.
- Computers will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis with a strict 30 minute time limit
- A Long Beach Public Library card and pin is required for computer usage (no guest passes)
Youth Services (2nd Floor of Main)
We are getting our Youth Services Room ready for reopening and will send a notification when the reopening date is set. A selection of children's books will be available on the main floor for browsing and curbside/takeout service is still available by calling (516) 432-7201 x227. The Auditorium and Program Room will not be available for use until 2021.