The process of picking up your holds is now faster, easier, and contact-free. Here’s how it works:
WAIT FOR THE EMAIL NOTIFICATION THAT YOUR HOLD IS READY.
- Once you receive the email, you have one week to pick up your item(s).
- You must have an email address attached to your library card to receive hold notifications.
- Call us anytime to add an email to your account or you can add it to your account online.
- Don’t have an email? A librarian can help you create one. We won’t be making hold notifications by phone anymore so we can get everyone their books as quickly as possible.
COME TO THE LIBRARY TO PICK UP YOUR HOLD!
STILL WANT CONTACTLESS CURBSIDE? NO PROBLEM!
- Bring your library card & pin number to pick up your items. Not sure of your pin? Call us at 516-432-7201, and we’ll help you out.
- Find your books on the holds shelf. As soon as you walk in the library lobby, the holds shelf will be on your left. Each hold is labeled with the first five letters of your last name, your first initial, and the last four digits of your library card.
- Don’t forget to check out your item! Use one of our brand new self-checkout scanners or bring your books to the front desk for a staff member to check out.
- Schedule a pickup. Once you get an email that your hold is ready, just call us at (516)432-7201 x224 and we’ll schedule you for a curbside pickup. We’ll check it out for you and deliver the bag right to your car.
- Passing by but didn't schedule a curbside pickup? Just park in one of the designated curbside pickup spots when you arrive and call us at (516)432-7201 x224. Please be patient though, as it could take us up to 15 minutes to check out your item and bring it to your vehicle.