On Tuesdays from February 4 to April 7, 2020, volunteers from AARP’s Tax Aide program will assist those 60 and over in completing their 2016 tax returns. Assistance will be by appointment only; there are a limited numbers of spaces available.
To schedule an appointment, call the Reference desk, 516-432-7201. We will be scheduling the entire tax season beginning in January.
Due to the nature of tax assistance, some sessions may run long and others may end early. You should arrive early for your appointment as the previous session may end early. You should also be prepared to wait, as the previous session may run long. In any case, you must be on time for your appointment; if we have a waitlist, we may give your session away if you are not here.
If you cannot make your appointed time, please call Reference. Cancellations and no-shows without prior notice will not be able to reschedule. Rescheduling with prior notice is subject to availability.
You must bring to your appointment:
- photo ID
- last year’s federal and state tax returns
- all 1099’s, W2 and tax dividend statements
- all other relevant financial information
- if you are collecting Social Security, you must bring their 1099 SA form
- if you are not, you must bring your Social Security card