The first floor is now open for browsing. Bring your items to the self-checkout machines or to a staff member at the front desk.
Three ways to place a hold
- Call us at 516-432-7201 ext. 225
- Via the online catalog
- At a Reference Desk
Picking Up Holds
- You’ll get email notifications when your holds are ready so make sure we have a working email address in your account!
- Holds are organized by last name on shelves to the left in the lobby (Library Takeout Shelves) and labeled with the first five letters of your last name, first initial, and the last four digits of your library card number.
- Check out your items at a self-checkout machines OR with a staff member at the front desk.
For safety reasons, you must return all items at our external book drops. All returned items are quarantine for at least four days. Don't worry about overdue fines, we backdate check-ins to the day books were removed from book drops.
- Main Library (to the left of the door before you walk in)
- Point Lookout Branch
- N/W corner of Regent Drive and Lido Boulevard
- N/E corner of Maryland Avenue and Beech
Media must be returned in person or in the book drop at the main library.
All items checked out at a Reference Desk (museum passes, Roku, concept kits, etc.) must be returned to the same Reference Desk.