All Library Locations are Open (including Main, Point Lookout, and West End)
The Main Library, including the Children’s Room, is open for browsing and computer usage.
***Everyone over the age of 2 must wear a mask over their nose and mouth and maintain six feet distance from others***
Placing Holds/Reserve a Book
There are 3 ways to reserve a book:
- Call a librarian at 516-432-7201 ext. 225
- Via the online catalog
- Visit the Reference Desk in person to place the hold
Picking Up Holds at the library
- You must bring your library card & pin number to pick up your items.
Not sure of your pin? Call us at 516-432-7201, and we’ll help you out.
- Find your books on the holds shelf.
As soon as you walk in the library lobby, the holds shelf will be on your left. Each hold is labeled with the first five letters of your last name, your first initial, and the last four digits of your library card.
- Don’t forget to check out your item!
Use one of our brand new self-checkout scanners or bring your books to the front desk for a staff member to check out.
CONTACTLESS CURBSIDE IS ALSO AVAILABLE
- Schedule a pickup. Once you get an email that your hold is ready, just call us at (516)432-7201 x224 and we’ll schedule you for a curbside pickup. We’ll check it out for you and deliver the bag right to your car.
- Passing by but didn't schedule a curbside pickup? Just park in one of the designated curbside pickup spots when you arrive and call us at (516)432-7201 x224. Please be patient though, as it could take us up to 10 minutes to check out your item and bring it to your vehicle.
For safety reasons, you must return all items at our external book drops. All returned items are quarantined for safety. Don't worry about overdue fines, we backdate check-ins to the day books were removed from book drops.
- Main Library (to the left of the door before you walk in)
- Point Lookout Branch
- N/W corner of Regent Drive and Lido Boulevard
- N/E corner of Maryland Avenue and Beech
Media must be returned in person or in the book drop at the main library.
All items checked out at a Reference Desk (museum passes, Roku, concept kits, etc.) must be returned to the same Reference Desk.