LBPL Youth Services
Earn Community Services Hours
Want to make a difference in your community and earn service hours? Join our Youth Advisory Board!
Earn Community Service Hours as a member of our Youth Advisory Board. Exclusively open to students grades 4 and up, the board’s mission is to promote and grow library services for kids and teens in the Long Beach community by:
· Brainstorming future events to be held by the library
· Recommending books, graphic novels, movies, music, manga, and magazines for the library to add to its collection
· Promoting library events and services within the community and in schools
· Encouraging expression via the creation of displays, flyers, and booklists
Monthly meetings are held virtually on the last Wednesday of the month at 4pm.
Youth Advisory Board Contact:
Name: Miss Nicole
Phone Number: (516) 432-7201 ext. 227
TumbleBooks (Online Database)
- Unique animated talking picture books
- Read-along chapter books
- National Geographic videos
- Spanish-language books
- Graphic novels (a fan favorite!)
Food Assistance Resources
Where to find free meals for those in need.
During the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond, the following nonprofit organizations are providing support and meals for food insecure people and their families:
· The MLK Center: Grab and Go Food Program opens in a new window —
Providing food to those in need. Monday through Friday 12 - 2 pm at 615 Riverside Blvd.
· The Beach Catholic Outreach Program opens in a new window —
Operating out of the Parish Hall at St. Mary of the Isle Church (315 E Walnut St), serving food to the community every morning at 10:30 am.
These organizations are also accepting donations. Please visit their websites for more information.
Teen book suggestions for September 2021
Tween book suggestions for September 2021