If you live, work, go to school, own property, or own a business in the Long Beach School District (from East Atlantic Beach to Point Lookout), you're eligible for a Long Beach Public Library card.
CLICK HERE to sign up for a library card online. You can upload proof of residency or other status (driver's license with current address, lease, pay stub, school ID etc). You can also apply in-person at any branch if you're unable to upload documents.
○ For the Auditorium and Program Room on the 2nd floor of the Main Library or the Point Lookout or West End branches, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
○ For the Individual Study Room (small room inside of the Technology Center), you can reserve online up to 14 days in advance. Only one reservation per person is allowed per day.
○ Instructions for reserving the ISR
• Go to https://longbeachpl.librarycalendar.com/reserve-room/studyroom opens in a new window and click the + sign for the time you want the reservation to start
- Title = Your Full Name
- Check the box to agree to the Terms & Conditions
- Reservation Scheduling
○ Verify the start time
○ Select the end time (no longer than 2 hours/120 minutes)
• Contact Information
- Full name
- Email or Phone Number
• Purpose of Meeting
- Studying, job interview, remote work, tutoring etc.
• Click “Submit”
• When you arrive at the library, go to Adult Reference Desk 1 on the first floor to check in. You will need your library card or photo ID to use the ISR. The Librarian will hold your card or ID in a secure location until you are done using the room.
Browse for your item using Encore opens in a new window, the Library’s online catalog. Once you find the item you wish to reserve, click Request. In the spaces provided, enter your 14-digit Long Beach Library card barcode number (without spaces) and your PIN. Click Login. Then click Submit.
To read or listen on a phone, tablet, iPad, or similar device, download the Libby app for iOS opens in a new window or Android opens in a new window. Search for Long Beach Library—New York (Nassau Digital Doorway). Enter your library card number (14 digits, no spaces). Search for and check out a book or audio and start reading.
To read on a Kindle, use the Libby app or a computer to visit Nassau Digital Doorway. Log in with your library card number. Once you've checked out an eBook, click on Read now with Kindle. Log into your Amazon account and select which device you'd like to read on.
To read on a Nook: use a computer to visit Nassau Digital Doorway opens in a new window. Log in with your library card number. Once you've checked out a book, download the ePub version to your computer, open with Adobe Digital Editions, and transfer to your device.
Items are checked out for 14 days and return themselves automatically.
Open the My Account page located on the top right of the Encore opens in a new window webpage (the Library’s catalog). Enter your 14-digit Long Beach Library card barcode number (without spaces) and your PIN. Click Login. Click on My Account in the top right corner of the screen to open your account. Click on the Checkouts tab to see the list of what you have checked out. Select the box next to the item(s) you wish to renew. Click Renew Marked or Renew All.
Fiction and Non-Fiction: $0.05/day
New Books - $0.50/day
Graphic Novels - $0.25/day
Magazines - $0.05/day
Interlibrary Loan - $2.00/day
Kids (J) and Teens (YA) Books
J/YA Comics and Graphic Novels: $0.25/day
Holiday Books: $1.00/day
All other books: $0.05/day
Media (Adult, J, YA)
New DVDs: $1.00/day
New CDs & Audiobooks: $0.25/day
CDs & Audiobooks: $0.05/day
You can pay overdue fines at the library by cash, check, or credit card (minimum $2.50)
To see fines and pay online: Open the My Account page located on the top right of the Encore webpage (the Library’s catalog). Enter your 14-digit Long Beach Library card barcode number (without spaces) and your PIN. Click Login. Click on My Account in the top right corner of the screen to open your account. Click on the Fines/Fees Your balance will appear. To pay online, click Pay Online and type in your billing and credit card information. (Visa, Mastercard, or Discover only; no American Express) When done, click Submit. There is a $5 minimum to pay online. The fines need to be over $5.
The Library is now accepting donations of gently loved books on Tuesdays and Thursdays by appointment.
BEFORE YOU DONATE Please Check For:
- No yellowed pages
- No stains
- No non-fiction books over a year old
- No ripped covers or pages
- No VHS tapes
- No magazines
- No encyclopedias
- No textbooks
- No items that have an odor
Call 516-432-7201 x312 to schedule your appointment. You can also put your gently loved books in the Little Free Libraries.
We are unable to pickup donated items. There are two Long Island-based organizations that can potentially pick up your donated items.
The Book Fairies – 516-557-6645, email@example.com opens in a new window
Books for Veterans – firstname.lastname@example.org opens in a new window