Museum Passes at the Library
The Long Beach Public Library now offers membership passes for the following museums:
• Brooklyn Botanic Garden
• Cradle of Aviation Museum
• The Frick Collection [Print on Demand] (children under 10 not admitted)
• Guggenheim Museum
• Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum [Print on Demand] (must bring library card)
• L.I. Children’s Museum (2 Patrons Only)
• Museum of the City of New York
• Nassau County Firefighters Museum [Print on Demand]
• Nassau County Museum of Art [Print on Demand]
• New York Historical Society
• New York Transit Museum
• Old Bethpage Village Restoration [Print on Demand]
• Paley Center for Media
We have two kinds of museum passes, Print-on-Demand and Pick-up/Return. Please note carefully which kind of pass you are reserving. PRINT-ON-DEMAND passes must be reserved for the day you plan to use them and printed out. They do not need to be returned.
PICK-UP/RETURN passes should be reserved for the day before you plan to use the pass; they must be checked out at the Reference desk. THESE PASSES MUST BE RETURNED TO REFERENCE.
Museum Pass Rules
You must be at least 18 years of age to book a museum pass. For Long Beach Public Library card holders only. Library cards are not transferable.
Your card must be clear of all overdues and fines in order for you to check out a museum pass. Passes are not transferable.
Two museums per family or household may be booked in the current two month booking period. Two members of the household may not book the same pass simultaneously. Duplicate reservations will be cancelled.
PRINT ON DEMAND passes must be printed at the time of reservation. They are only good for the day printed on the pass. They do not need to be returned to the library.
PICK-UP/RETURN passes must be picked up and returned at the Reference Desk. Passes may not be returned in the Book Drop. If the pass is returned in the Book Drop, a $5 fee will be imposed.
PICK-UP/RETURN passes are booked for a 3-day period. Bookings can be done in person or online through the Library’s website. You should book in advance.
The overdue fee for PICK UP/RETURN passes is $5 per day. The charge for a lost pass will be the cost of the pass (cost varies).
PICK UP/RETURN passes must be brought back on the third day at least one half-hour before closing.
The Library is not responsible . . .
• if the museum is closed; if the Library must close for emergency.
• if the museum refuses to accept the pass;
• if the museum accepts the pass for certain exhibits and not others;
• if the person who had the pass before you does not bring it back on time.
For further information, please inquire at the Reference Desk. 516-432-7201
Patrons can now reserve museum passes online from home. Click here to book your passes...