To reserve passes, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link.
We have two kinds of museum passes, Print-on-Demand and Pick-up/Return. Please note carefully which kind of pass you are reserving.
PRINT-ON-DEMAND passes must be reserved for the day you plan to use them and printed out. They do not need to be returned.
PICK-UP/RETURN passes should be reserved for the day before you plan to use the pass; they must be checked out at the Reference desk on the date reserved. THESE PASSES MUST BE RETURNED TO REFERENCE.
The Long Beach Public Library offers membership passes for the following museums:
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden
- Cold Spring Harbor Fish Hatchery and Aquarium (Print on Demand)
- Cold Spring Harbor Whaling Museum (Print on Demand)
- Cradle of Aviation Museum (Print on Demand)
- The Frick Collection (Print on Demand) (children under 10 not admitted)
- Garvies Point (Print on Demand)
- Guggenheim Museum
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum (Print on Demand) (must bring library card)
- L.I. Children’s Museum
Museum of the City of New York
- Nassau County Firefighters Museum (Print on Demand)
- Nassau County Museum of Art (Print on Demand)
New York Historical Society (Print on Demand)
- New York State Empire Pass
- New York Transit Museum (Print on Demand)
- Old Westbury Gardens (Print on Demand)
While the Wildlife Conservation Society does NOT offer passes to public libraries, LBPL is happy to announce that we have been selected as a WCS Affiliate Partner, enabling us to provide LBPL cardholders with a 20% discount on admission to the Bronx Zoo, Central Park Zoo, New York Aquarium, Queens Zoo and the Prospect Park Zoo.
To purchase tickets, enter the access code LBPL at https://ticketing.wcs.org/WebStore/shop/PromotionCode.aspx?PromotionID=1&CG=AFFSALES&C=AFFTIXWCS
You will need your Long Beach library card for entry.
Museum Pass Rules
- You must be at least 18 years of age to book a museum pass.
- For Long Beach Public Library card holders only.
- Library cards are not transferable.
- Your card must be clear of all overdues and fines in order for you to check out a museum pass.
- Passes are not transferable.
- Two museums per family or household may be booked in the current two month booking period.
- You can book the same pass no more than once a month.
- Because of high demand, the Long Island Children’s Museum pass can only be booked once every two months.
- You must use one reservation before booking the same pass again.
- An unused reservation counts against your totals unless you cancel it in advance.
- Two members of the household may not book the same pass simultaneously.
- Duplicate reservations will be cancelled.
- All bookings can be done in person or online through the Library’s website. (link at bottom of page)
- You should book in advance.
PRINT ON DEMAND passes must be printed at the time of reservation.
- They are only good for the day printed on the pass.
- They do not need to be returned to the library.
PICK-UP/RETURN passes must be picked up and returned at the Reference Desk.
- They circulate for a three-day period, including day of pick-up (e.g, Tues-Thurs or Sat-Mon).
- Passes must be brought back on the third day at least one half-hour before closing.
- Passes may not be returned in the Book Drop or at any other service desk.
- If the pass is returned in the Book Drop, a $5 fee will be imposed.
- The overdue fee for PICK UP/RETURN passes is $5 per day.
- The charge for a lost pass will be the cost of the pass (cost varies).
- Failure to return passes on time may jeopardize your ability to take out passes in future.
The Library is not responsible
- if the museum is closed; if the Library must close for emergency.
- if the museum refuses to accept the pass;
- if the museum accepts the pass for certain exhibits and not others;
- if the person who had the pass before you does not bring it back on time.
For further information, please inquire at the Reference Desk. 516-432-7201