Receiving Text Message Notifications
Receive text messages indicating when reserves are ready to be picked up and when items are approaching their due dates. Standard messaging rates apply.
- Open the My Account page located on the top right of the Encoreopens in a new window webpage (the Library’s catalog).
- Enter your 14 digit Long Beach Library card barcode number (without spaces) and your PIN (see our Managing Account page for more information). Click Login.
- Your name will now be visible on the top right corner of the screen. Click on your name to open your account.
- Click on the Edit Account button.
- Enter your Mobile phone number.
- Under the Mobile Alerts Via SMS heading, select the Click to Opt In option.
- Read all terms and conditions and select Submit.
- Please remember to log out of your account when you are finished by clicking the Log Out button.
Renewing Items via Text Alerts
You must already be signed up for text message notifications to renew items via text alerts. See above for directions. Some items are not eligible for renewal including, but not limited to, overdue items, items with holds waiting, and items already renewed up to their limit. Standard messaging rates apply.
- When you receive a text message notification that your item is nearly due, reply to that text message with the word RENEW.
- The system will attempt to renew ALL of your checked-out items, even ones that were just checked out.
- Once the system attempts to renew your items, you will receive one of the following two messages:
- Your items could not be renewed (no items may be renewed)
- (x) of (y) items were renewed (some or all were renewed)