GET ebooks & audiobooks USING YOUR LIBRARY CARD
You can borrow eBooks or audiobooks on Nassau Digital Doorway opens in a new window (https://nassau.overdrive.com/) using your Long Beach Library card! That means you'll get your favorite books delivered without ever leaving your house. And the best part? Books are returned automatically so you'll never have overdue fines again!
How Do I download books to my ipad, tablet, or phone?
If you have an iPad, tablet, Android, or iPhone, then we recommend using Libby, a fantastic free app that will help you download library books to your home device. Check out the 1-minute video on the left if you want to learn more about Libby. To download:
- Go to your app store and download the free Libby app on your device
- Search Long Beach Library (NY, not CA) in the Libby app
- Enter your library card number
- Start browsing, baby!
- Once you find a book you're looking for, you will either hit "Borrow" or "Place Hold" if the title is not yet available.
how do i download books on my kindle?
If you have a Kindle, first make sure the device is registered with your active Amazon account.
- Click this link to Nassau Digital Doorway (https://nassau.overdrive.com/)
- Sign into your account by selecting Long Beach Public Library and type in your library card number.
- Browse book options or search for a title you want. Once you found your book, click "Borrow" (or "Place Hold" if title isn't currently available).
- A window will pop up that says "Read Now with Kindle" so click that button and you will be transferred to your Amazon login page.
- Sign into your Amazon account like you normally would and you'll come to the page of the book you're borrowing.
- Select "Get Library Book" on the far right, but make sure the ebook is delivered to your Kindle (there is a drop-down for other options if it isn't defaulting to the correct device).
- Your ebook will be available the next time you open your Kindle (and it syncs).
Comics & Graphic Novels
No holds, no waiting and no limit on the titles you can borrow.
Loan period is 30 days.